The Totes Ma Tote is... Totally Ma Tote! A nice large, trendy looking tote with straps attached with four shiny buckles in grommets. It's useful, and it's professional looking too.
It's not just a normal tote. Plenty of pockets! There are 3 options for pockets inside: A zipper pocket, a double slip pocket and a large pocket suitable for a small tablet, reader or just those pesky bills.
- Width at Top: 17” (43 cm)
- Width at bottom: 13” (33 cm)
- Height: 12” (30 cm)
- Depth: 4” (10 cm)
This pattern is suitable for an intermediate sewer. Pattern instructions are provided in both imperial and metric measurements and are geared towards an intermediate sewer. Measurements are given to cut pattern pieces with a rotary cutter, ruler and mat.
Fabric and Interfacing:
- 1 yd./1 m - Exterior Fabric – for exterior panels, zipper gusset, and large internal pocket: décor cotton, twill, light canvas duck, corduroy. (If using quilting cotton, interfacing with woven interfacing, such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101, is recommended)
- 5/8 yd./0.5 m - Exterior Accent Fabric – for side seam detail, bag straps: décor cotton, twill, light canvas duck, corduroy, quilting cotton. NOTE: If you are using a light fabric, such as quilting cotton, you will want to add fusible interfacing to your bag straps, as noted in cutting directions.)
- 3/4 yd./0.75 m - Lining Fabric – for pockets & lining: quilting cotton, poplin, linen, or lightweight cotton.
- 1-1/4 yd./1.25 m Interfacing – for pockets and linings: 20” (50 cm) width Interfacing (Light-Med fusible woven interfacing suitable for garments, such as Pellon Shapeflex SF101) ** If you are making your exterior and straps from quilting cotton or light weight fabric, you will need 2 yds./2 m of Interfacing total.
- (2) 13.5” x 18.5” byAnnies Soft & Stable – for the external bag panels: this foam can be found at most quilting shops, can be ordered on my website, emmalinebags.com, in the exact size, or can be substituted with fusible Pellon Thermolam Plus, a needled fusible fleece – (Your tote wont be as thick and stiff.) Automotive headliner foam is very similar and found at most upholstery or large fabric stores.
- (1) 14” x 4” Stabilizer – for the bag bottom & magnetic snap backing:Pellon Peltex Ultra Firm Stabilizer or similar (Timtex, Fast2Fuse Heavyweight, Vilene Decovil) **Can be fusible both sides, one side, or non-fusible.
Supplies & Bag Hardware:
- (1) 16” (40 cm) #5 nylon zipper (or a longer one cut down) NOTE: #5 zippers are 1-1/4" (3 cm) wide, closed or open end (used for main zipper gusset opening)
- (1) 8” (20 cm) #3 nylon zipper (or a longer one cut down) NOTE: #3 zippers are 1” (25 mm) wide, closed-end dress zippers (used for the internal zipper pocket)
- (12) Eyelets with setting tool – 3/16” (4 mm)
- (1) Metal Bag Label – Decorative Bag label available at emmalinebags.com (optional)
- (4) Buckles – Buckles with a double frame, center bar to fit a ¾” (18 mm) strap (see right)
- (4) Grommets - Oval or circular grommets large enough to fit a ¾” (18 mm) strap
- (6) Purse feet - Purse feet with prongs and washer attachments ½” (12 mm)
- (1) Magnetic snap – 5/8” (14 mm) slim magnetic snap
**** You are purchasing a PAPER sewing pattern only, not the finished product. Your sewing pattern will be shipped to you!